Jackpocket is seeking an experienced General Counsel to oversee regulatory and compliance matters for the company. This person will be responsible for working with both internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure Jackpocket meets individual state compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as primary point person on consumer affairs matters, and will be responsible for developing and maintaining proper consumer affairs procedures and related follow-up
- Manage and process all contractual relationships for the Company such as state and local lottery regulatory organizations (as an example The New York Lottery), distributors, casinos, sport franchise owners and operators, entertainment/media companies, etc.
- Coordinate with all departments to assure compliance with all contractual relationships, including proper reporting, etc.
- Work across all areas of Company to execute key partnerships/alliances as needed
- Work closely with Business Development team on all transactions
- Work with Managing Director to coordinate and enforce all proper Human Resource policies and procedures
- Ensure effective relationships between all departments, including effective, proactive communication with other group heads and corporate officers
- Participate in senior management policy deliberations
- Direct and coordinate the work performed by external counsel, actively managing the cost of internal and external legal resources
- Assist and provide guidance to management to ensure minimal legal risk to the business
- Ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk
- Develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Build and manage legal department and team
- JD with 8-10+ years of overall work experience
- Experience working with consumer affairs, software and licensing (deals), casinos, digital media/entertainment, sports team owners and franchises, and/or gaming is preferred
- Regulatory experience navigating the sports, gambling and entertainment industries
- Experience working with growth companies
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves to get work and really love working in a start-up
- Effective team builder and leader
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written Strong leadership skills
- Highly motivated, over achiever, team player, facilitator
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Direct, honest communication style
- Highest level of integrity
- An "Out of the Box" thinker who is both creative and innovative
- Propensity to succeed both personally and professionally
- Ability to be a role model for others and be a true leader
- Focused on achieving results and exceeding goals and objectives
- Must have a positive "can do, whatever it takes to get the job done" attitude
- Ability to think strategically while maintaining focus results and execution